Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The OR

Now that all my boys are sleeping (that consists of Brandon, Mason, Tripp & Ryder[these 2 are the dogs]) I can finally sit and write this.

I never knew how many people had surgeries every day, It was very full at 9am when we arrived and more people were arriving.

Brandon's operation was bumped from 10am to 11am, which is not bad. It gave us more time to pack up Mason's things and drop him off without being rushed. [thanks again babysitter K] It wasn't the greatest news for Brandon since he was hungry and not allowed anything, not even water... poor guy.

Before Surgery in his hospital fashion wear in his comfy chair

Before Surgery


We were told to arrive 2hours before the surgery. He was prepared for surgery with questions, weight/height check, blood pressure etc. He as put in hospital fashion wear (as per the nurse) and got a nice comfy lounge chair. We waiting about 1-2hours until the surgeon came out to tell him what she would be doing. one minute later the surgical nurse came and got him, kissed him goodbye and off he went. That was 11:30. I was told to be back in 1-2hrs.

He was gone 3 1/2 hours. I read the rest of my book, some magazines, watched tv... then I started to worry. I hadn't heard a thing and he wasn't going to be more than 2hours. Finally at 3:30 he was put in the post-op area where I could sit with him.

We weren't told much other than it went well. He has a plate and screws on one side and a large screw up the other. We got to see a picture, which I am told we will get a copy of next week. The surgeon came to see him after for about 1min. We meet with her on February 1st and that's when we find out everything. Other than getting new medication, elevating his leg and resting, we weren't told much.

After Surgery!

Peaceful Sleep


We finally got home at 6pm. Made dinner. Fed Mason. Fed the dogs. Had visitors [thanks P,K&M for coming-we loved your company] Brandon than wanted to sleep, so I helped him in bed, got Mason ready and put him in bed.... Now they are both sleeping soundly.

In Brandon's words "On this medication, my sleeps are so peaceful, like really happy, I go into a peaceful dreamland"
He said this not long after coming out from surgery, so we all know as he snores here beside me, he is having a great sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will try to visit when we arrive back on Sunday. Andy said to let Brandon know he has to be really careful on stairs when he is up walking around on crutches. He has experienced this after breaking his leg.

Prayers.

;M